Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Choosing the right dog for you and your family. - Family - Pets

Are you thinking about getting a new dog? Do you have kids? Then you have to read on.

The right dog is always a wonderful addition to the family, but how do you know what dog?I have been working in the animal industry for the past 5 years, but I have been learning all I can about animals for the past 16 years. I work at an animal hospital and a feed store. The biggest problems my clients ask me about are things like: "My Queensland heeler keeps nipping at my families heals what do I do?" I also get asked " my husky wont stop pulling on me when I put him/her in a harness. What can I do?"Unfortunately these are breed behavior problems. Most breed behavior problems can not be fixed, and the ones that can be fixed are among the most difficult things to train out of a dog.

Now your probably thinking " If these breeds have problems why are they so popular?" The answer is to a lot of people these "problems" are actually not problems at all. Just like not every sport is for everyone, not every dog is for everyone.

Breed behavior problem almost always result in the family taking the dog to the pound as an unwanted dog. In fact 4 out of 10 families give up the dog they choose in the first year. This can be a truly heart breaking experience for your whole family. My best advice to avoiding this problem is to research all types of different dog breeds and find the one most suited to you and your family.

Anyone who has a computer can post information on the internet. This information can be misguided do to personal likes or dislikes a person has of the different breeds. For this reason I do NOT suggest you use the internet to research information about different dog breeds. The best way to learn more about different dog breeds is to get a book about choosing the right breed for your family.

With this helpful book you are sure to find the best breed for you and your family. It includes bonus material and can save you and your family from the costly and heart breaking experience of trial and error. So please don't just go to the pound and choose the first pair of "puppy dog eyes" that you see.

For more information about this must have book please Click Here!





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment